- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
President Saakashvili will distribute wine to victims of the disaster2012-07-23 14:24
Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili has promised to distribute wine to those residents of Kakheti region, whose vineyards had been destroyed as a result of the disaster in the region on the night of July 19, the IA Regnum reported. Mikheil Saakashvili stated this on July 22 after visiting the temples in Telavi and Alaverdi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The President stressed that viticulture and winemaking were the source of income for many families in Kakheti, so the state would not only help with the restoration of the vineyards, but also provide the wine to all of the affected residents.
At the same time, Georgian Prime Minister Vano Merabishvili also stated the government would presumably determine its position on this issue and distribute wine in September, Echo of the Caucasus reported. "We're going to distribute a certain amount of wine from the state company to the population, whose vineyards were completely destroyed", Merabishvili said.
Vano Merabishvili once again promised the residents that the government would try to solve all their problems in the near future.
According to the Administration of the President of Georgia, during his travel Mikheil Saakashvili has visited the temples on Telavi and Alaverdi together with the Catholicos-Patriarch Ilia II, who brought to the region the aid allocated by the Patriarchate of Georgia - food and money compensation. The patriarch had held a service in the Telavi temple, after which he addressed to the congregation with a speech and noted the effective work of the government in overcoming the disaster.
Mikheil Saakashvili thanked the Patriarch for his help and support and said that his visit was a great consolation for the residents of the affected region.