- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Damascus is ready to use chemical weapon in case of military interference2012-07-23 17:32
In the case of foreign military intervention, Syria might use chemical weapons, Foreign Ministry spokesman of the country Jihad Maqdisi said, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Syria may use chemical weapons only in case of foreign aggression", Makdisi said at a press conference in Damascus.
"Chemical weapons, Syria has in the disposal, will never be used against civilians and the Syrian people, regardless of how the crisis in the country develops", he stressed.
He also noted that all existing stocks of weapons of Syria were "under the control and protection of the Syrian army".
It should be noted that a number of Western countries have repeatedly advocated for the resolution of the conflict in Syria through military intervention. But Russia and China do not accept these methods. However, Moscow has repeatedly stated it would never approve the UN Security Council resolution to force Syria to peace.
NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has repeatedly stated the alliance had had no plans on militarily intervention in Syria, the Interfax reported. "We have no intention of interfering in the internal situation in Syria. I do not think that military intervention could solve the problem", the Secretary General said during video conference Moscow-Brussels.