- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Syrian Armenians do not want return to the homeland2012-07-23 18:16
Over the last few months more than 100 Syrian Armenians have appealed to the Ministry of Diaspora Armenia. Only three of them have asked to provide housing. State Migration Service of the Ministry of Territorial Administration has resolved the issue favorably. According to the IA Regnum, this was announced by the head of Coordination Working Group of the Ministry of Diaspora of Armenia on the problems of Syrian Armenians Firdus Zakaryan.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to him, about 40 other Armenians have requested the provision of job, as well as in connection with issues relating to education and health issues.
"Despite the turbulent situation in Syria, only about a dozen Syrian Armenians from the community representatives have expressed a desire to settle in Armenia. On the other hand, the responsible person of both spiritual and community agencies say there is no emigration from Syria. Many in Armenia confuse the application by the Syrian Armenians for citizenship with a desire to move to Armenia", Zakaryan said.
At the same time, the Yerkramas reported, Armenia intends to facilitate the process of granting citizenship to the Syrian Armenians. Legislative amendments providing the facilitation of procedures for getting citizenship to Armenians of Syria and the issuance of visas are being developed in Armenia. According to Firdus Zakaryan, work is being carried out under the order of the President of Armenia
According to various sources, during 2011-2012, about 8 thousand Syrian citizens appealed to Armenia's authorities with a request to obtain Armenian citizenship, and about three thousand of them have received Armenian citizenship.