- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA warns Assad against use of chemical weapon2012-07-24 11:59
The U.S. President Barack Obama has warned Syrian President Bashar Assad, in the case of use of chemical weapons he would have to take responsibility for his actions.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Given the reserves of chemical weapons in disposal of the Syrian regime, we want Assad and his associates to know that the world is watching them, and they will have to respond to the international community and the United States if they commit a tragic mistake, using chemical weapons", Obama said, speaking on Monday in Nevada.
Previously, the Pentagon urged Assad to avoid even the thought of using chemical weapons, the RIA Novosti reported. A similar statement was made by the State Department.
Recall, previously Damascus stated it was ready to use chemical weapon in the case of military interference. "Syria may use chemical weapons only in case of foreign aggression", Foreign Ministry spokesman of the country Jihad Maqdisi said at a press conference.
"Chemical weapons, Syria has in the disposal, will never be used against civilians and the Syrian people, regardless of how the crisis in the country develops", he stressed.
He also noted that all existing stocks of weapons of Syria were "under the control and protection of the Syrian army".