- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia resents organizers of London Olympics2012-07-25 14:33
Administration of the National Olympic Committee (NOC) of Georgia sent a letter to the organizers of the Olympics-2012 in London in connection with the "territorial issue", the Sport-Express reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In a statement released on Wednesday the National Olympic Committee states that the website of Olympic Games in London, where the files of the athletes are posted, the birthplace of the Russian national team member Besik Kuduhov was named "South Ossetia", and birthplace of another Russian athlete, Denis Tsargush, - Gudauta (the city is located in Abkhazia).
Meanwhile, as reported by the NOC, next to the words "South Ossetia" and "Gudauta" in parentheses there is written "Russia". In this regard, as noted by the Olympic Committee, the National Olympic Committee of Georgia has declared its protest and sent a formal letter to the organizers of the competition, the Rosbalt reported.
Meanwhile, Argentina has announced boycott of the Summer Olympic Games. Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner stated she would not come to London for the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games. The reason of such decision is the territorial dispute over the Falkland Islands.