- Council of Europe calls on Georgian authorities to protect gays from homophobes 2013-05-22 16:12
- Merabishvili does not plead guilty 2013-05-22 14:36
- Giga Bokeria accuses Ivanishvili of persecution of leaders of National Movement 2013-05-22 12:42
- Today the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs arrive to the region 2013-05-22 12:09
- Georgian diplomats are willing to vouch for Zurab Chiaberashvili 2013-05-22 11:36
- US condemns dispersal of gay pride parade in Tbilisi 2013-05-21 16:13
- Georgian-Russian relations to be discussed at the meeting of NATO-Georgia Commission 2013-05-21 13:38
Azeri soldier gave himself up to the Armenians2012-07-26 17:04
On Thursday, a serviceman of Azerbaijani Army surrendered to the armed forces of Armenia, RIA Novosti reported citing the press service of the Armenian Ministry of Defense.
"On 26th of July at 6 am (equal to the Moscow time), at the north-eastern part of the Armenian-Azerbaijani border a private of Azerbaijan Army Fariz Faraz crossed the border and surrendered to the Armenian snipers", said in a statement.
The border violator is in custody, investigation is being conducted.
According to the Lenta.ru, the Yerevan office of the International Committee of the Red Cross is aware of the incident. No official comments from the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry have been reported.
According to information for the late April 2012, the Armenian side has got an Azerbaijani soldier (Sergeant Mamedbagir Akhundzadeh) in captivity, and the Azerbaijani - Armenian family who had went across to the side of Azerbaijan.