- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Syrian government troops start general offensive on Aleppo2012-07-26 18:21
The command of the Syrian government forces has started a general offensive on Aleppo districts.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"A few dozens of kilometers south-east of Aleppo there were observed organized columns of troops, including motorized, which appears to have begun a general offensive on the city, some quarters of which are occupied by the armed opposition", the BBC reported.
Talal Al Mayhani, the founder of the opposition movement "Building the Syrian state", stated many residents of Aleppo have left their homes and now are living in schools and university dormitories. The authorities are gathering more troops and tanks to the city.
According to the Minister of Customs and Trade of Turkey Hayati Yazici, the decision was explained by the fact that several checkpoints had been captured by Syrian rebels. In this regard, the official Syrian authorities can no longer guarantee the security of the border.
Closure of the checkpoints will affect the companies that carried out trade with Syria. Trucks with goods continued to cross the border despite the hostilities. With regard to refugees fleeing to Turkey, they previously preferred to use the roads used by smugglers.