- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan refuses to extend the lease of Russian radar system2012-07-30 12:01
Azerbaijani authorities refuse to extend the lease of Russian radar system of missile attack warning Daryal, located in the Qabala district of Azerbaijan, for 49 years. Azerbaijan proposes to extend the term of lease only for 5-7 years, which is unprofitable for Russian military, the NG.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Russian Defense Ministry has decided to reduce the area, on which the station and serve maintenance constructions are located, and personnel of the servicemen engaged in control southern direction, and to get rid of "non-core" institutions - the Russian section of the Azerbaijani schools where officer's wives are working, a kindergarten and a hospital.
According to the Regions.ru, the wives of the officers of Daryal have written collective and individual letters to the administration of Russian President and personally to Vladimir Putin with a request to protect their families and social rights from the destructive plans of the Defense Ministry.
"We do not demand anything impossible; we are just seeking the human relation, a clear explanation of what is happening and what will happen to our families. We all have children whom we want to give a proper upbringing and education in an intact family", the edition quotes the letter.