- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azeri National Security Ministry has prevented drug smuggling2012-07-30 17:26
As a result of complex operational activities conducted by the National Security Ministry (NSM) of Azerbaijan, smuggling of a large consignment of drugs into the country was foiled. This was announced by the Center for Public Affairs of the department, the Trend reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Citizens of Azerbaijan Amid Firudin oglu Nahmetov, Ayaz Mahmood oglu Imanverdiev and citizen of Iran Ershad (his real name is being specified by the investigation), having entered into a criminal conspiracy, had brought a large consignment of drugs from Iran to Azerbaijan, bypassing customs control.
It was found that, according to a preliminary agreement between the members of the group, a citizen of Iran Ershad had brought the drugs from Iran to the territory of the village of Alasha, Astara region, and hid them there. Imanverdiev, having taken them out of the agreed place, handed them to Nahmetov in the village of Shahagadzhi, Astara region, the Day.az reported.
Nahmetov and Imanverdiev were detained by the officers of the National Security Ministry. During a search in the house of Imanverdiev there were discovered and seized 24 kilograms and 402.8 grams of hashish.