- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
"Georgian Dream" begins calculate the damage in Kakheti2012-07-31 13:57
The opposition coalition of Bidzina Ivanishvili "Georgian Dream" has begun its own calculation of the damage in the Kakheti region, a coalition spokesperson Maya Panjikidze said, according to the GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"First and foremost, we want to say Kakhetians that the budget has the means to completely repair the damage. We mean not only ruined ceilings, demolished roofs of houses and killed livestock", Panjikidze said.
In addition, we also believe that the postponing of credits for one year by the authorities is not an option, since we have repeatedly heard from the affected population they would not be able to harvest within 4-5 years, and, therefore, in a year they would not be able to cover the loan", she added.
Funding of a number of municipalities of Kakheti increases on 2 million lari (about 1, $ 2 million). "In addition, we have in the reserve fund of the government 17 million lari (about 10.5 million dollars) which we can spend to overcome disaster relief if necessary", Gvindadze said.
Recall, several thousands of families were affected by heavy rain and hurricane winds in some areas of Kakheti (Eastern Georgia).
In the settlements of the Gurjaani, Telavi and Lagodekhi districts, the roofs and the walls of houses were destroyed, some of which were flooded.
In all the villages, the crops was destroyed, livestock and poultry were killed. "The villages are cut off the electricity. The roads are destroyed, the bakery does not work", the edition reported referring to the Regional Agency Information Center of Kakheti. According to the Center, as a result of the disaster 16 people were injured; they were brought to the Telavi hospital.