- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
US Department of State: Azerbaijan is successfully opposing world terrorism2012-08-01 13:06
According to the Trend, According to the report of the U.S. Department of State on the countries for the year 2011, the government of Azerbaijan has achieved significant progress in reducing the presence of the terrorist intermediaries in the country and hampered their activities.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the report, Azerbaijan is actively counteracting the terrorist organizations that want to traffic people, money and equipment through the Caucasus.
"The law enforcement bodies of Azerbaijan pursue suspected participants of terrorist groups and intermediaries operating in Azerbaijan, and carry out the measures to strengthen border security, including offshore. The government of Azerbaijan has completed the modernization of the Central laboratory for the determination of biological safety of the facility, which would help to conduct studies in order to the prevention of potential threats of bioterrorism", said in the report.
The report also notes that the government of Azerbaijan has assumed the deployment of seven radar stations along the coast of the Caspian Sea, which will be used by the NAVY, coast guard and the State border guard service for the Maritime reconnaissance and detection of threats of smuggling, the Rosbalt reports.
According to the report, in the course of 2011, the working group consisting of representatives of Azerbaijan and the four other littoral States repeatedly met to coordinate the efforts of law enforcement bodies aimed at combating terrorism, as well as smuggling combating, illicit drug trafficking and organized crime in the region of the Caspian sea.