- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Dispute between Armenia and Georgia around the brand "Cradle of Wine"2012-08-01 13:44
The Union of wine-makers of Armenia intends to challenge the recent decision of the EU on the registration of the brand "Georgia is the cradle of wine". At the present time the representatives of the Union are studying the procedure of filing an appeal, the Alconews reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As noted by the Chairman of the Union of wine-makers Avag Harutyunyan, not only Georgia can claim the status of "the cradle of wine", but also other countries in the region, and first of all - Armenia.
According to the Director of the Academic Institute of Archeology and Ethnography of Pavel Avetisyan, both Georgia and Armenia can be considered the cradle of wine, as well as Iran, and even part of Azerbaijan, in view of the fact that the relevant archaeological materials have been found in all of these countries.
Meanwhile, according to the Business-Georgia, the office for harmonization in the internal market of the EU has already issued the appropriate protective document that assigned Georgia the right to prohibit companies of all other countries to use a combination of "cradle of wine" without permission, the Business-Georgia reported. First of all the ban concerns the export to the countries of the European Union. However, Armenia imports wine only in Germany, France, and Belgium.