- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Barack Obama has allowed the CIA to help Syrian opposition2012-08-02 13:47
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed a secret order, allowing the CIA and other U.S. government agencies to assist the Syrian rebels. This was reported by the Radio Mayak referring to the CNN and Reuters.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The National Security Council spokesperson Tommy Vitor refused to comment on this information.
The source notes that Barack Obama has allowed assisting the Syrian opposition «several months ago». The secret order, ostensibly, permits to carry out covert support to the rebels by the CIA and other agencies. However, it was not specified what kind of assistance Obama has allowed to provide the opposition, the Polit.ru reported.
According to the information of the diplomatic sources of the CNN, in particular, the U.S. intelligence provides the Syrians with data on the movements of government troops. In addition, the U.S. authorities, allegedly, are conducting secret talks with Middle Eastern countries, including Saudi Arabia and Qatar, on the granting of the rebels the weapons.
Officially, the U.S. authorities do not provide assistance to the Syrian rebels in the form of deliveries of weapons, arguing that the groups of rebels are not organized, and often the international terrorists are fighting in their ranks. At the same time, on July 31, United States Department of the Treasury officially informed about the fact that it had allowed the U.S. non-profit organization «The Support Group of the Syrians» to carry out financial assistance to the Free Syrian Army - one of the major rebel organizations. August 1, the U.S. Department of State reported on the allocation of $ 25 million for «non-deadly» assistance to the soldiers of the Syrian opposition and $ 64 million for the purchase of humanitarian assistance to the peaceful population.