- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
US blame Assad for Annan's resignation2012-08-03 12:29
U.S. Department of State spokesperson Patrick Ventrell stated the responsibility for the failure of the plan of Kofi Annan, who declared about his resignation from the post of the UN and the Arab League Special Envoy on Syria on the eve, "lies on the Syrian authorities headed by President Bashar Assad, who are guilty in the cruel slaughter of their own people", the RG.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The American diplomat made it clear that Washington will pursue the implementation of the plan of the six points on the Syrian settlement, developed by Kofi Annan. Ventrell stressed that the U.S. strategy in relation to the events in Syria "consists in the introduction of sanctions against the government of Assad, in the supply of necessary equipment and medicines to the Syrian opposition, and delivery of humanitarian assistance". "The United States will continue active work on all of these directions", the spokesperson of the Department of State said.
Meanwhile, Iran accuses a number of States of interfering in the Affairs of Syria, which led to the failure of the peace initiatives of the UN Special Envoy Kofi Annan, the RIA Novosti reported.
"It is obvious that some states were dissatisfied with Annan's efforts to stop the supply of arms to Syria and stop terrorist acts there. These countries not only do not contribute to Annan's initiative, on the contrary, every time, when the plan began to succeed, terrorists intensified their activities in Syria", the official representative of the Iranian foreign Ministry Ramin Mehmanparast said.
Recall, Kofi Annan does not intend to renew his mandate, which ends on August 31. This was announced on Thursday by the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.