- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Leonid Tibilov believes Ossetia will unite within Russia2012-08-08 11:21
Assessing the possibility of uniting of two Ossetias (South and Northern, part of Russia), President of the South Ossetia Leonid Tibilov stated, "Ossetia has always been united, but was separated due to some political decisions taken during establishment of the USSR". Tibilov said this in an interview to the RBC. He believes two Ossetias will unite within Russian Federation.gt-en-newsitem-inside
For years after the war between Russia and Georgia in 2008, unleashed due to Georgia's attack on South Ossetia, President of little republic calls this armed conflict, and in particular the operation "Clear Field", the war for elimination of the Ossetian people.
"Georgia must sign a document on non-use of force against South Ossetia and Abkhazia. We have been talking about this for the fourth year, but they refuse to sign it", Leonid Tibilov says.
President of South Ossetia has admitted that the country generates its own budget not completely independently, but with Russia's support. Aid to Russia still exceeds the capabilities and resources available for the Republic. However, Tibilov believes the country will be able to build its own economy during the next 1,5 years.
Meanwhile, as recalled by the MK.ru, the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation is still conducting the investigation of the criminal case on the events in South Ossetia in August 2008. The period of the investigation was extended to February 8, 2013. The total number of volumes of the criminal case exceeds 400, says the official statement by the RF IC.
According to the Committee, thorough medical examinations of places of accidents were carried out; several thousands of witnesses, victims and experts were questioned; there were carried out about 600 forensic examinations and other investigative activities.