- Georgia is ready provide Russia with assistance in ensuring security at Sochi Olympics 2013-05-24 16:17
- Ivanishvili: I hope the actions in Tbilisi will be peaceful 2013-05-24 15:41
- Two clerics in Georgia are accused of disruption of gay pride parade 2013-05-24 12:12
- Shalva Pipia to be assigned new Agriculture Minister of Georgia 2013-05-24 11:36
- Zurab Chiaberashvili released on bail 2013-05-23 14:47
- Tbilisi Mayor is ready to go to prison 2013-05-23 13:00
- Georgia takes annual meeting of the members of IMF Dutch group 2013-05-23 12:25
Russian General killed in Syria2012-08-08 13:25
On the eve, a video containing the footage with a Syrian identity card, allegedly issued to the General Kodjiev, appeared on the Youtube. "Russian General, the accomplice in the murder of peaceful citizens, destroyed by the heroes of the Syrian Free Army on August 5", said in the video. According to the MK.ru, this information was confirmed by the Arab media. The video contains a statement by the representative of the rebel army Majid al-Sayyed Ahmad.
He claims that during operations in the area of Guta, situated to the West of Damascus was destroyed by the Advisor to the Minister of Defense of Syria General Vladimir Kodjiev and his translator Ahmad Ajuk. In the course of the operation, the rebels have captured important documents. Allegedly, this information proves the involvement of the Russian Federation to "crimes against humanity" committed in Syria.
Meanwhile, no General by the name of Kodjiev or similar names currently serves in the Russian Armed Forces. This was announced by a high-ranking representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, the RIA Novosti reported on Wednesday.
He suggested that if the reported about the murdered of the General is true, it is either about the retired Russian military, or a representative of any other army of the former USSR, which is usually called "Russian".