- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian General killed in Syria2012-08-08 13:25
On the eve, a video containing the footage with a Syrian identity card, allegedly issued to the General Kodjiev, appeared on the Youtube. "Russian General, the accomplice in the murder of peaceful citizens, destroyed by the heroes of the Syrian Free Army on August 5", said in the video. According to the MK.ru, this information was confirmed by the Arab media. The video contains a statement by the representative of the rebel army Majid al-Sayyed Ahmad.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He claims that during operations in the area of Guta, situated to the West of Damascus was destroyed by the Advisor to the Minister of Defense of Syria General Vladimir Kodjiev and his translator Ahmad Ajuk. In the course of the operation, the rebels have captured important documents. Allegedly, this information proves the involvement of the Russian Federation to "crimes against humanity" committed in Syria.
Meanwhile, no General by the name of Kodjiev or similar names currently serves in the Russian Armed Forces. This was announced by a high-ranking representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, the RIA Novosti reported on Wednesday.
He suggested that if the reported about the murdered of the General is true, it is either about the retired Russian military, or a representative of any other army of the former USSR, which is usually called "Russian".