- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazian President and Russian Ambassador honoured the memory of victims of August war2012-08-08 17:18
Alexander Ankvab and Russian Ambassador to Abkhazia Semyon Grigoriev honored the memory of those who died as a result of Georgia's attack on South Ossetia in August 2008.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The five-day aggression of the Georgian forces has caused a humanitarian disaster for South Ossetia, with a large number of victims. The women, old people, soldiers and officers of Russian peacekeeping forces", the Caucasian Knot quotes the adviser to the Embassy of the Republic of South Ossetia to Abkhazia Oleg Botsiev.
"This is not just words, but it is the fact, the whole world has seen, although we remember how long representatives of many European countries and others denied it, pretending that nothing was happening. In fact the people of South Ossetia was standing on the edge of the abyss, and only the intervention of the Russian Federation has allowed to stabilize the situation and subsequently expel the Georgian Armed Forces from the territory of the Republic", President of Abkhazia stressed.
Russia's Ambassador to Abkhazia Semyon Grigoriev noted the courage of the Russian peacekeepers, embarked on the fight against the Georgian aggressors.
"Today, we remember those who fell victim to the aggression of August 2008, and those Russian peacekeepers, who took the last barrier on the path of the aggressor, having given their lives and shown a sample of courage, how you actually must perform a peacekeeping mission", the Ambassador of Russia to Abkhazia Semyon Grigoriev stressed.
The memory of the victims observed a minute of silence.
Recall, today in Tskhinval, the mourning events dedicated to the fourth anniversary of the attack of the Georgian troops on South Ossetia in August 2008, take place. This was reported by the Interfax correspondent from the place of the events.
Residents and guests of South Ossetia have gathered to honor the memory of the victims of the war. President of the Republic Leonid Tibilov, the Parliament deputies and members of the government also have arrived to take part in the mourning events.