- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Libyan TNC passed the power to the Universal National Congress2012-08-09 13:15
Yesterday on late evening, Libyan Transitional National Council (TNC) passed the power to the Universal National Congress, elected in July, the KP.ru reported. This was the only issue on the agenda of the first meeting of Parliament.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The main tasks of the new authority will be running the country during the transitional period, the formation of the government, as well as the adoption of the law on election of the committee to draft a new constitution
As recalled by the IA Regnum, the election of the Universal National Congress was held on July 7. Then the alliance uniting the liberal parties and movements of secular trends won over the block of the Islamist parties. A total of 200 new Libyan parliament seats: 100 MPs - from the western provinces of Libya, 60 - from the east, and 40 - from the south, in accordance with the density of the population. Of all places, 80 places were allotted to candidates from political parties and 120 - to the individual deputies.
National Transitional Council, which was formed in February 2011, during the civil war in the country, now will be dissolved.