- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Seven members of Free Democrats leave the party2012-08-10 12:43
Ararat Zurabyan has written statement of resignation from the party "Free Democrats". This was reported by the Armenian News referring to the party spokesperson Angela Khachatryan.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In addition to Zurabyan, another seven party members - Karen Savzyan, Hrach Hakobyan, Armen Baghdasaryan, Valentine Mirzoyan, Garnik Gevorgyan, Karen Karapetyan and David Arakelyan - have written statement of resignation from the party.
"They were passive before the parliamentary election and did not participate in the party life. We, as a liberal force, take their statements. We do not force them to stay in the party, and do not recruit anyone by force", Angela Khachatryan stated.
As recalled by the IA Regnum, the founder of the party "Free Democrats" is former board member of the party "Armenian National Movement" Khachatur Kokobelyan, who left the ANM in 2011 in connection with the controversy over the position of the ANC leader Levon Ter-Petrosyan to improve dialogue with the authorities. The leading core of the party is also largely composed of former heads of the ANM, who have left its ranks for a short period of time. Deputy Chairman of the Party "Free Democrats" is an analyst Anush Sedrakyan, and chief of staff is former vice-mayor of Yerevan Gevorg Arzumanyan.