- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian FM: Medvedev's visit to South Ossetia is illegal2012-08-10 13:30
Georgian Foreign Ministry considers illegal the visit of Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to Tshival, during the fourth anniversary of the war in August 2008, after which Moscow unilaterally recognized the independence of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"August 8, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev illegally entered the territory of the sovereign state of Georgia, and visited the occupied Tskhinval region. This action violates the laws of Georgia, in particular, the law on the occupied territories", said in a statement by the Georgian Foreign Ministry.
At the same time, according to Georgian Foreign Ministry, "Russia is actually isolated in its decision on the recognition of the independence of two Georgian regions - Abkhazia and the Tskhinval region".
As recalled by the Vesti, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev arrived to South Ossetia on August 8, 2012. He met with President Leonid Tibilova and got acquainted with the work on rehabilitation of Tskhinval.
This Medvedev's visit coincided with the fourth anniversary of the war in August 2008. The mourning events dedicated to this event took place in Tskhinval. Residents and guests of South Ossetia gathered to honor the memory of the victims of the war. President of the Republic Leonid Tibilov, the Parliament deputies and members of the government also arrived to take part in the mourning events.