- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Three American Special Forces soldiers shot in Afghanistan2012-08-10 14:25
In the southern Afghan province of Helmand a military has shot and killed three U.S. Special Forces servicemen. As reported by the RIA Novosti with reference to the spokesman of International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan (ISAF), the incident took place last night in the Sangin district.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Details of the event are being specified.
Killings of American troops in Afghanistan are frequent. This spring in Afghanistan, a soldier of the NATO mission was killed. A few days earlier, a stranger, dressed in Afghan army uniform, was shot dead by the two British soldiers in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan. This happened on the territory of one of NATO bases. In the ensuing skirmish the killer and one Afghan soldier were also killed.
In early March 2012, as a result of a mine explosion in southern Afghanistan's Kandahar province, nine soldiers, including one foreigner, died.
Explosion occurred late on Saturday, next to a group of soldiers patrolling the area by car.
"The incident occurred at 7.30 pm local time in a village in the county of Argnandab when a mine, planted by the insurgents, exploded near a military vehicle. As a result, nine people were killed, including five police officers, foreign military and a local translator", the head of Argnandab county administration Shah Mohammad, the ITAR-TASS reported.