- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Kurdish rebels have kidnapped Turkish MP2012-08-13 11:23
Kurdish rebels have kidnapped the Turkish MP from the Republican People's Party Huseyn Aygun. This happened near the town of Tunceli in the east of the country, RIA Novosti reported referring to the Associated Press.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In Turkey there is operating Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) guerrillas, who are seeking to establish autonomy in the Turkish southeast more than 25 years. The conflict has claimed more than 40.000 lives.
"It is the first time when the MP kidnapping by a terrorist organization. This shows to the rate of terrorism", a representative of Huseyn Aygun's Party Haluk Koc said.
According to preliminary data, the kidnappers stopped Aygun's car and took him to an unknown destination. At the same time, rebels released two Aygun's passengers - a journalist and assistant deputy.
The kidnapping took place a few days after the Turkish government troops had eliminated more than a hundred of the separatists in the south-east a week ago, the Lenta.ru reports. At the same time, Aygun announced an extraordinary meeting of the Turkish Parliament to discuss the struggle against Kurdish rebels.
Prior to his appointment to the Parliament, Huseyn Aygun for 14 years worked as a lawyer in the city of Tunseli. He dealt primarily with cases of human rights violations, in particular, the case of the forced evacuation of Kurdish villages in the south-east.