- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Terrible disaster in Iran2012-08-13 12:15
Iran has suffered powerful earthquakes that struck the country in the evening of August 11. The operation to search the dead and injured under the rubble declared finished, the UKRInform reported. According to official data, earthquake claimed 227 lives, 1380 people were injured.gt-en-newsitem-inside
However, Iranian media reports 300 dead and more than two thousand injured. Most of the victims of disaster are the farmers, whose buildings had not survived earth tremor of 6.4 points.
In some areas the earthquake has destroyed entire villages. Hundreds of houses around the city of Tabriz damaged - their residents had to spend the night under the open sky, in the camps.
As stated by the head of Health Department of the country Marzieh Vahid Dastjerdi, the majority of victims are women and children. About a thousand of those affected by the disaster have been hospitalized. The Minister has also clarified that the bodies of many victims were still under the rubble, the ITAR-TASS reports.
Recall, Iran is located in an area of high seismic activity. In XX century, more than 170 thousand inhabitants have become victims of the 20 most powerful earthquakes. In December 2003, as a result of the magnitude 6.6 tremor the ancient city of Bam in south-east was completely destroyed. More than 30 thousand people have been lost.