- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
More than 200 oil industry workers are on a rally2012-08-13 13:09
More than 200 oil industry workers from the Gobustan department for exploration and drilling of the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) on Monday blocked the main highway Baku-Gazakh from to 10 a.m. (9 a.m. Moscow time), the Oil of Russia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Protest of the oil workers is associated with the closure of their department and the reduction of jobs", said in a statement of the workers.
The agency reports that the highway is blocked in the Gobustan region of the country, approximately 80 kilometers west of Baku. Representatives of state agencies have not yet met with the protesters; SOCAR has not yet commented the situation.
As recalled by the Neftegazexpert, in January-July 2012, the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) transferred to the state budget 791.643 million manats (about 1.008 billion dollars at current exchange rates), which is 15.5% more than in the same period in 2011.
In addition, during this period the company transferred to the State Fund of Social Protection of Azerbaijan 91.473 million manats (about 116.44 million dollars), which is 18.8% more than in January-July 2011.