- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Judoist Bethkil Shukvani complains about political persecution2012-08-14 11:38
Judoist Bethkil Shukvani has left Georgia due to political motives. He has returned to London, the venue of the Olympic Games, and applied for legal aid. This was reported by the VZGLIAD correspondent in London.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The athlete has stated he would struggle for justice. "I will fight to the end for justice, I will reveal all of the hard realities of today's sport of Georgia", he promised.
Bethkil Shukvani left the Games on his own before the completion, stating he had felt the possibility of threats from the leaders of Georgia's sports delegation. He left for Tbilisi, and then returned to London.
Recall, prior to the Olympic Games the Administration of the National Olympic Committee (NOC) of Georgia sent a letter to the organizers of the Olympics-2012 in London in connection with the "territorial issue".
In a statement released on Jule 25, the National Olympic Committee states that the website of Olympic Games in London, where the files of the athletes are posted, the birthplace of the Russian national team member Besik Kuduhov was named "South Ossetia", and birthplace of another Russian athlete, Denis Tsargush, - Gudauta (the city is located in Abkhazia).