- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Construction of Tbilisi-Rustavi highway launched in Tbilisi2012-08-16 11:18
Construction of a new central highway linking Tbilisi with the city of metallurgists and chemists - Rustavi - launched in Georgia. The construction was funded by the Asian Development Bank, the RBC reported. President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili attended the open ceremony of the construction site, saying that for the industrial Rustavi "this day, without any exaggeration, was a historical - the city will be connected with the capital of Georgia by modern highway for the first time".gt-en-newsitem-inside
Construction of the main part of the highway will be completed in 2013. Ultimately, the highway will be extended to the border with Azerbaijan, and later - to Baku.
According to the president, after the construction of this road is completed, a trip from Rustavi to Tbilisi will take about 7 minutes, the Business Georgia reported.
According to Mikheil Saakashvili, the construction of the highway will involve up to 2,000 thousand people. One part of the road will be built of asphalt and concrete, and another - of cement and concrete.
Georgian Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia is in charge for the construction of the highway. In addition to the Asian Development Bank, the construction is funded by the Foundation for Municipal Development and the Government of Georgia. The service life of the highway is 32 years.