- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bidzina Ivanishvili has submitted a claim against Georgian Government to the arbitral tribunal2012-08-17 12:57
Georgian billionaire and politician Bidzina Ivanishvili has submitted a claim against the government of the country to the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the Lenta.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the businessman, the Georgian authorities have allowed illegal actions in relation to his bank.
As stated by the press-secretary of the Georgian businessman Maya said Panjikidze, the complaint is connected to the "violations committed by the Georgian authorities" in relation to the Cartu Bank.
Еру ICSID is the Arbitration Institute of the World Bank, which adjudicates disputes between states and investors. The decisions of the international organization are considered binding for all its members.
As previously reported by the IA Regnum, Ivanishvili intended to sue the government of Georgia for violation of his investment rights. To this end, he has hired international law firm SKADDEN, and addressed to the International Center for the Review of Investment Disputes of the World Bank for the decision of the dispute with the Government of Georgia.
Ivanishvili's lawyer Archil Kbilashvili stated the final amount of damage Ivanishvili suffered from the actions of the authorities, was not yet known. However, it was known that it would amount about several hundred million GEL.