- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
OSCE delegation visits Georgia on the threshold of election2012-08-20 13:18
On Monday, the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly delegation, led by its president Riccardo Migliori, began a four-day visit to Georgia in connection with the parliamentary election to be held on the 1st of October, the VZGLIAD reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The first meeting of the delegation with the CEC Chairman Zurab Kharatishvili was marked by an incident - representatives of the opposition coalition "Georgian Dream", accusing the commission that they did not register them under the selected number "7", were in the CEC at this time.
The OSCE delegation intends to meet with the Chairman of the Commission for verification of the voter lists Mamuka Katsitadze, the head of the International Foundation for Electoral Systems Nermin Nisich, as well as the representatives of the non-governmental organizations, "Transparency International", "Georgian Young Lawyers Association", "International Society for Fair Elections and Democracy" and "Open Society - Georgia".
Also, the delegation will hold meetings with Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili, President of the Georgian Parliament David Bakradze and the working group of ambassadors, the News-Georgia reported.
There will be also held talks with the Vice-President of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly, Deputy Speaker of Georgian Parliament Gigi Tsereteli, CEO of Public Broadcasting Georgy Chanturia, CEO of the "Ninth Channel" Kakha Bekauri, representatives of opposition parties, such as the "Georgian Dream - Democratic Georgia", "Republican Party" and "Our Georgia - Free Democrats," the coalition "Georgian Dream", led by billionaire Bidzina Ivanishvili, and "Christian-Democrats".
The visit of the OSCE delegation will last till August, 23.