- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Rain and hail have caused serious damage in Kakheti2012-08-20 15:02
Heavy rain and hail on Monday night in Georgia caused serious damage to some regions of Kakheti (Eastern Georgia), as well as the resort suburb of Tbilisi, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Heavy rain and hail lasted for half an hour. During this time the roofs of the houses in the settlements of the Gurjaani district were breached, and even the walls of some houses were destroyed. As a result, 50% of crops were destroyed; many fruit trees in the orchards were damaged.
As a result of the rain and hail, resort suburbs of Tbilisi - Kojori and Kiketi - were also damaged. Basements and first floors of many houses were flooded.
At the same time, according to the head of the short-term forecasting of the National Environment Agency Dodo Gvazava stated todeay, heavy rains and hail are expected in most areas of Georgia until 22 August, after which the weather will warmer, and the intensity of the rains reduces, the News-Georgia reported.
"In western Georgia in general, and in most parts of eastern Georgia, there is the unstable weather - intense rain and hail are expected until August 22. Then, from August 23, the temperature in Georgia will grow up, and the weather will clear up", Dodo Gvazava said.