- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Almost half a million Azerbaijanis have visited Georgia for 7 months2012-08-21 14:16
For seven months Georgia has received 483,317 visitors from Azerbaijan, the Trend reported referring to the National Administration of Tourism of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The growing number of visitors from Azerbaijan amounted 29% compared to 7 months in 2011.
Azerbaijan ranks second in the number of foreign visitors to Georgia, after Turkey. 810,698 Turks, which is 107% more than in the same period of 2011 (391,937 people), have visited Georgia.
Armenia took third place in the number of visitors to Georgia: for seven months of 2012, 408,109 people from Armenia, which is 22% more than the same period in 2011 (335 290 people), have visited Georgia.
During the reporting period, Georgia was visited by 920,704 visitors from Europe (480,758 people). 1,187,000 people from the CIS countries, up 32% compared to the same period in 2011 (896,338), have visited the country. Also, Georgia was visited by 19,315 U.S. citizens, which is a 19% increase compared to the same period in 2011 (16,189), the News.am reported.
From Russia, 237,950 people visited Georgia for seven months, which is 81% more than in the same period last year (131,730).