- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New stage of cooperation between the USA and Georgia2012-08-23 12:27
Implementation of a new plan of military cooperation between the U.S. and Georgia starts on September 5. This was announced by the Georgian Defense Minister Dmitri Shashkin, the VZGLIAD reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The details of the next srage of American-Georgian cooperation were not disclosed. However, Shashkin noted that the plan was agreed in January, during a meeting of the U.S. President Barack Obama and Mikheil Saakashvili in Washington.
Recall, previously, Georgia asked the U.S. to help it in improvement the anti-air defense, as well as the anti-tank defenses, basing on the experience of the 2008 war.
Having met with the U.S. President, Georgia's President was extremely pleased with the outcome of the last meeting with Barack Obama. The latter promised Georgia to help in increasing the defense cooperation between the two countries, without specifying the details, and even praised the Georgian government for the respect of "the rights of minorities".
Barack Obama stated they had agreed that cooperation in the defense sector must rise to another level. In particular, he pointed out that Georgia would cooperate with the United States in ensuring the defense of the Georgian state, the News-Georgia reported.