- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Foreign Ministry of Abkhazia: the position of the Czech Republic Foreign Ministry contradicts Medvedev-Sarkozy agreement2009-02-25 11:11
The statement of Karel Schwarzenberg, the Foreign Minister of the Czech Republic (the EU chair country) concerning the reaction on the possible recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia by Belarus threats the process of the Geneva Talks on Caucasus security issue, held under the aegis of the EU, the statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Abkhazia, issued yesterday - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On Monday Schwarzenberg doubted the inclusion of Minsk into the Eastern Partnership program in case Belarus recognizes the independence of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
Such position of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic contradicts Medvedev-Sarkozy agreement, signed after the August events in South Ossetia, the Foreign Ministry of Abkhazia states and adds it enables them to consider the role of the EU in settlement of the Georgian-Abkhazian conflict as preconceived and unreasonable.
The Ministry states that the issue of recognition is the internal issue of Belarus.
It is one of the main principles the EU countries followed in the Kosovo recognition issue; but none of the Kosovo independency opponent countries ventured such direct blackmail, the Ministry notes. At the same time, stating the united position in regard of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, the EU is divided into supporters and opponents of Kosovo independency, the comment of the Foreign Ministry states.
In this regard the Foreign Ministry of Abkhazia claims ready to revise the conditions of the EU participation in the peace dialog between Georgia and Abkhazia and in joint incident prevention and response mechanisms, agreed at the meeting in Geneva on February 17th -18th .