- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Yevkurov: Bandits, involved in the terrorist attack at the funeral of a police officer, eliminated2012-08-28 11:22
On Tuesday, special services have eliminated and detained several persons involved in the commission of the terrorist attack at the funeral of a police officer in the Malgobek region, Ingushetia. This was announced by the head of Ingushetia, Yunus-Bek Yevkurov.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Interfax, on Tuesday morning, during a large-scale operation in the town of Malgobek and Malgobek region of Ingushetia, three militants were killed, and several were detained.
The head of Ingushetia stressed that "Doku Umarov, the mastermind of the terrorist act, as well as those who carried out the development of this attack, are not the locals".
Recall, on Sunday morning, August 19, when police officers arrived at the village of Sagopshi in Ingushetia at the funeral of their deceased friend, a suicide bomber approached them and detonated an improvised explosive device. As a result, eight police officers were killed, 15 were wounded. Some victims were delivered to the Moscow hospitals.
The crime was committed during the celebration Eid ul-Fitr, dedicated to the completion of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. In connection with the tragedy, mourning was declared in Ingushetia; security measures were reinforced.