- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Davitaya urged the Parliament to react on Russia’s policy2009-02-25 15:13
Paata Davitaya, the Vice Speaker of the Parliament, urged the government and the Parliament to take effective measures in response to Russia' s policy in regard to Abkhazia and South Ossetia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Davitaya, Moscow "in fact passed from occupation to direct annexation of the Georgian territories".
As the Vice Speaker explained at today's meeting, he meant assigning bar code for Abkhazia by Russia.
Only the World Trade Organization has the right to assign bar codes, Davitaya noted, therefore Russia didn't only violated the international law but also "started overt annexation of the Georgian regions".
"Russia may assign bar codes only to its regions, and this action shows that following the recognition of the so called independency of Abkhazia and started its direct annexation and included it in its territories", Davitaya stated.
He urged MPs to support him and request the Foreign Ministry of Georgia to sent the note concerning the actions of Russia to the WTO.