- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Assad: No buffer zones will be created in Syria2012-08-29 13:30
Establishment of so-called buffer zone in Syria is unfeasible project, Bashar Assad said, according to the RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I think that the establishment of buffer zones, first, is not on the agenda, and, second, the idea is unrealistic even for States which are hostile to Syria", Asad said.
Assad also said that the final victory over the rebels was a matter of time. "I can assess the situation in one sentence: We have made progress, the situation is improving, but we have not won - this requires time", he noted.
In late July, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan stated about the possibility of creating a buffer zone on the border with Syria. He considered this a measure to counter Kurdish separatists. Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has reiterated Ankara's desire to establish such a zone to deter the growing flow of refugees from Syria.
Meanwhile, a group of fighters from the Syrian opposition reported the capture of 10 missiles from the arsenals of Syrian government army, the Interfax reported.
"Guerrilla battalions of Islam", which is acting in the Syrian province of Damascus, stated it had managed to capture the missiles. This was supposedly the video shows, laid it in YouTube, showing trophies and warehouse in which they were stored.
"The operation was carried out by the "Guerilla battalion of Islam" in close contact with the Military council", said the representative of the Military Council of the Free Syrian Army Ansar al-Islam.
The representative of "Guerrilla battalion of Islam" reported that while it is impossible to determine the type of the captured missiles. Presumably, they are classified as "ground-to-ground", and four of them were ready to immediate launch.
Official Damascus has not commented the report.