- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Investigation Committee at the Russian Prosecutor General's Office: fact of genocide is proved2009-02-25 16:20
Investigation of the genocide of Ossetians is practically finished, the fact of genocide is fully proved, said Alexander Bastrykin, the Chairman of the Investigation Committee at the Russian Prosecutor General's Office - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The evidence we collected fully confirm the fact of genocide against the national group of Ossetians. Investigation of such facts came into the final stage", Bastrykin said.
On August 8th 2008 Georgian forces entered South Ossetia and partially ruined its capital, Tskhinval. Russia drew its troops to South Ossetia and after five-day combat actions ousted Georgian military. It's worthy noticing that many of the South Ossetia residents accepted Russian citizenship.
According to South Ossetian authorities, over 1500 people were killed, but the Investigation Committee at the Russian Prosecutor General's Office's documents prove 162 residents killed.