- PACE President arrives to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:42
- Ivanishvili urges Georgians living abroad to return to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:04
- Days of Georgian Diaspora 2013 in Tbilisi 2013-05-28 12:36
- Georgian FM: Russia violates the basic principles of international law 2013-05-28 12:02
- Azerbaijan is developing in all areas - PACE President 2013-05-27 14:06
- Festival of Azerbaijani culture took place in Georgia 2013-05-27 13:23
- The court of appeal has left Vano Merabishvili in detention 2013-05-27 12:52
Head Sambo coach of Georgia killed on the Russian-Georgian border2012-08-30 12:06
In the course of a special operation against the militants, infiltrated into Georgia from Dagestan, the head Sambo coach of Georgia, who also was the officer of the Georgian Special Forces, Archil Chokheli was killed, the Interfax reported referring to the Georgian media.
41-year-old Major Chokheli is a double world champion in Sambo and multiple winner of the European Championship. Along with coaching Chokheli served in the Interior Ministry Special Forces.
Recall, yesterday, Georgian police carried out an operation to free hostages in the gorge of Lapota near the Dagestani section of the Georgian-Russian border. A group of unidentified persons had penetrated into Georgia from Dagestan and seized three hostages. The same evening, the Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs of Georgia Shota Khizanishvili said that all the hostages were released.