- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ayatollah Khamenei: Iran opposes any weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear weapons2012-08-30 13:14
Speaking at the opening of the 16th summit of the Non-Aligned Movement, Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei stated the Western countries were well aware that they are lying about the details of Iran's nuclear program, the Trend reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Iran opposes any weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear weapons", Khamenei said.
Disarmament and the elimination of weapons of mass destruction are a priority need for all countries of the world, Khamenei stated. "However, those who accuse Iran today, they do not want to eliminate nuclear weapons from their military doctrines. They should know that Iran will never give up its nuclear program", he stressed.
Iran's supreme leader also criticized the activities of the UN Security Council, calling them "obsolete, unfounded and irrational".
Recall, in late August Iranian specialists installed additional centrifuges for uranium enrichment in an underground complex "Fordu". This was announced by diplomatic sources in Vienna, where the headquarters of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is located.
"As we assume, they (the Iranians) are carrying on the installation (of the centrifuges)", said one of the diplomats. The new devices were not put into operation so far.