- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
"Militants from Dagestan" eliminated in Georgia turned out to be residents of Georgian villages2012-09-03 12:49
Georgian media have questioned the official information that 11 militants, killed during a special operation in the gorge of Lopota near the Georgian-Russian border, were Russian citizens. In particular, 6 out of 11 of those killed were natives of the Pankisi Gorge, the IA Regnum reported referring to Georgian agency "Kakheti Information Center".gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the KIC, they are Aslan Margoshvili, Baguadi Aldamov and Bagaudi Bagakashvili.
The Georgian Interior Ministry categorically denies information that allegedly the killed militants were residents of Georgia's Pankisi Gorge.
Recall, previously, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia has issued a video footage depicting the dead bodies of militants, who has infiltrated into the country from Dagestan and captured hostages in Telavi region near the border with Russia. The militants were eliminated by the Georgian security forces in a special operation in the gorge of Lopota.
According to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia, 11 members of the armed group that had infiltrated into the country from the territory of Dagestan, including the head of the group, were eliminated. According to the MIA, all of them are Russian citizens living in the North Caucasus.