- PACE President arrives to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:42
- Ivanishvili urges Georgians living abroad to return to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:04
- Days of Georgian Diaspora 2013 in Tbilisi 2013-05-28 12:36
- Georgian FM: Russia violates the basic principles of international law 2013-05-28 12:02
- Azerbaijan is developing in all areas - PACE President 2013-05-27 14:06
- Festival of Azerbaijani culture took place in Georgia 2013-05-27 13:23
- The court of appeal has left Vano Merabishvili in detention 2013-05-27 12:52
"Militants from Dagestan" eliminated in Georgia turned out to be residents of Georgian villages2012-09-03 12:49
Georgian media have questioned the official information that 11 militants, killed during a special operation in the gorge of Lopota near the Georgian-Russian border, were Russian citizens. In particular, 6 out of 11 of those killed were natives of the Pankisi Gorge, the IA Regnum reported referring to Georgian agency "Kakheti Information Center".
According to the KIC, they are Aslan Margoshvili, Baguadi Aldamov and Bagaudi Bagakashvili.
The Georgian Interior Ministry categorically denies information that allegedly the killed militants were residents of Georgia's Pankisi Gorge.
Recall, previously, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia has issued a video footage depicting the dead bodies of militants, who has infiltrated into the country from Dagestan and captured hostages in Telavi region near the border with Russia. The militants were eliminated by the Georgian security forces in a special operation in the gorge of Lopota.
According to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia, 11 members of the armed group that had infiltrated into the country from the territory of Dagestan, including the head of the group, were eliminated. According to the MIA, all of them are Russian citizens living in the North Caucasus.