- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New U.S. ambassador in Georgia arrived in Tbilisi2012-09-05 11:23
On Wednesday morning, new U.S. Ambassador in Georgia Richard Norland arrived in Tbilisi, the Echo of the Caucasus reported. He arrived in Georgia with his wife, Mary Hartnett.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the airport, he was met by the Acting Ambassador Brigitte Brink and other embassy officials.
According to Norland, he is honored to contribute to the development of democracy and peace in Georgia. He said that he was in Georgia for the last time in 1993, and a lot has changed since then.
"Georgia has achieved much in the way of building a democracy, but will have to overcome many challenges along the way and I'm glad that I can contribute to this process," he said.
He called "important" steps already taken in Georgia in the process of building democracy, but noted that the country continues to face challenges in this area, the VZGLIAD reported.
Norland said earlier that the Department of State was very concerned about certain aspects of the parliamentary election in Georgia on October 1 and the facts of harassment of opposition.