- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Police officer killed as a result of explosion in Grozny2012-09-06 12:56
An explosive device planted in a car belonging to a police officer, went off in Grozny, the Interfax reported referring to the press center of the Interior Ministry.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"On Thursday, at around 8:45 am at the intersection of Bohdan Khmelnytsky St and Chukotskaya St, the Leninsky district of Grozny, an unknown explosive device planted under the driver's seat of a motor vehicle Toyota Corolla, owned by police captain - Inspector of Private Security Department under the Interior Ministry of Chechnya", said in the press center.
"An explosion at the parking lot occurred when the police officer opened the door of his car Toyota Corolla", the source stated.
According to available information, on the way to the city hospital the victim died. Apparently, a bomb was placed under the bottom of the car; or it was the result of careless handling of ammunition, the source RIA Novosti reported.
Another source in the republic's law enforcement agencies reported that it was an explosive device, planted under the bottom of the policeman's car. "According to preliminary data, the device went off under the private car; the owner has died", the source added.