- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The Conservatives promise to study the activities of the Arab company thoroughly2009-02-26 10:58
The Conservative Party of Georgia promises to study thoroughly the business activities of the Arab company Rak Investment in Georgia and abroad; and then to publish the data of their investigation, stated Kakha Kukava, the Secretary General of the party, when he learnt that the Imedi control packet of shares was sold to that company.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Conservative party regarded this deal as another cynical manipulation of Saakashvili regime and private property racket, and called participation of Arabs in the deal participation in the crime. "The community knows pretty well that that Imedi company, which used to belong to Georgian businessman Badri Patarkatsishvili attacked by the Interior Ministry units and stopped broadcasting. In February 2008, under obscure circumstances, after Patarkatsishvili's death, the Georgian court (strictly controlled by the governing party of Georgia) made a decision to hand over the TV company to businessman Joseph Kakiashvili, the government's minion, but Patarkatsishvili's family continued the legal proceedings in courts of Georgia and other countries. In recent times Saakashvili's regime has been exerting pressure on Patarkatsishvili's family to force them to renounce ownership of the TV company", the Conservative party's statement claims.
Besides their own investigation the Conservatives intend to turn to international organizations struggling with money laundering in order to let the latter arrest accounts and immovable property of Rak Investment in all the countries of the world. The legality of the company's investment's in Georgia and its ties with the Interior Ministry will also be investigated.