- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili for normalization of relations with Russia2009-02-26 11:52
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, campaigns for normalization of relations with Russia providing Russia accepts the territorial integrity of Georgia. The statement was made at yesterday's meeting of the President with Tbilisi students - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We do not want severed diplomatic relations with Russia. Georgia calls for the establishment of normal and good-neighbourly relations with Russia, but not by infringing upon the sovereignty and territorial integrity of our country," he said.
The Georgian leader believes that he, unlike his three predecessors, managed to preserve statehood of Georgia, and regards it as his merit.
According to Saakashvili, under the three previous presidents - Eduard Shevardnadze, Zviad Gamsakhurdia and Noe Zhordania "Russian empire crushed the statehood of Georgia", but in all the three cases right conclusions were made and hard experience gained, which this time helped to make the right decision.