- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili assured that Georgia will join NATO2009-02-26 12:56
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, is sure that his country will be NATO member - RIA Novosti. It will be possible with support of the countries friendly to Georgia, he thinks.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Today Georgia is no longer alone; the whole civilized democratic world is beside it. We are the country that will surely become NATO member, and it is recorded in the main NATO documents", the President mentioned in his speech to the Tbilisi students in the museum of occupation.
To join the alliance Georgia must, in particular, finish the military reform, stated Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, NATO Secretary General, last Friday after the informal alliance summit in Krakow.
According to Saakashvili, after signing the Georgian-US Charter on strategic partnership the US will assist Georgian army in meeting NATO standards.
Speaking on the internal situation in the country, Saakashvili stated that chaos and disturbances do not threat Georgia, and no force will be able to drag the country into the civil war.
Saakashvili called protection of peace and stability in Georgia his main responsibility.
"We will not achieve any results through confrontation and war and our enemies should also understand that they will not achieve their goals through bloodshed and violence ", the Georgian leader concluded.