- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
MIA: Terrorist attack in Ingushetia was committed by the son of ex-policeman2012-09-10 14:29
The explosion at the funeral of police officer in Ingushetia was committed by the son of the ex-employee of the Interior, said in the Interior Ministry of the Republic, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Terrorist attack was carried out by the son of former chief of the Argun police department, who held this post in 2002", said the representative of the press center.
Recall, on August 19, when the police officers arrived at the village of Sagopshi at the funeral of their deceased friend, a suicide bomber approached to them and detonated an improvised explosive device. As a result, eight police officers were killed, 15 were wounded. Some victims will be treated in Moscow hospitals.
The crime was committed during the celebration of the Eid ul-Fitr, dedicated to the completion of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. In connection with the tragedy, mourning was declared in Ingushetia; security measures were reinforced.
The explosion was officially classified as a terrorist attack. Investigative agencies of the Union of the Russian republic of Ingushetia qualify the incident under the Article 205 of the Criminal Code - perpetration of an explosion to terrorize the population and to influence the government, the official representative of the Russian Investigative Committee Vladimir Markin.