- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia regards confirmations of genocide of Ossetians as wrong2009-02-26 14:45
The Foreign Ministry of Georgia regards the statement of Alexander Bastrykin, the chairman the Investigation Committee under the Russian Prosecutor General's Office , on confirmation of the genocide against the Ossetian people as wrong.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"A. Bastrykin's aforesaid statement can be seen as yet another example of a blatant lie and should come as no surprise against the background of the misinformation campaign Russia has been pursuing against Georgia," the Ministry states.
The Foreign Ministry points at "hundreds of killed people and thousands of peaceful civilians expelled from their places of residence and burnt and destroyed villages" from the Georgian side.
According to the comment, "The same evidence is contained in the statement made in early February by Goran Lennmarker, a representative of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly, confirming that the ethnic cleansing did indeed take place in the Tskhinvali region, but by Russia's occupation troops and the proxy regimes under its control." - Nasha Abkhazia.
"Ample proof of offences committed against the local Georgian population is incorporated in the reports provided by both international and Russian non-governmental organizations engaged in the human rights field," the same comment claims.
The Ministry expresses indignation about Russia's supposed manipulations on the death toll.
It is "particularly immoral of the Russian side to manipulate with the death number with the only goal of disguising and justifying its aggressive and culpable policy," the document highlights.
Let us remind that yesterday Alexander Bastrykin, the Chairman of the Investigation Committee under the Russian Prosecutor General's Office stated that Investigation of the genocide of Ossetians is practically finished, the fact of genocide is fully confirmed.
"The evidence we collected fully confirm the fact of genocide against the national group of Ossetians. Investigation of such facts came into the final stage", Bastrykin said.