- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
President of Abkhazia has criticized the slogan "engagement without recognition"2012-09-12 12:13
The head of Abkhazia Alexander Ankvab has criticized the policy towards the Republic under the slogan of "engagement without recognition", declared by the European Union.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Abkhazia does not need engagement. The slogan "engagement without recognition" is empty. They should build different relations with Abkhazia", said the head of the republic at a meeting with the Ambassador of Netherlands in Armenia and Georgia, Pieter Jan Langenberg in Sukhum on Wednesday, the Interfax reported.
The head of the republic stressed that the total of the financial activities of international organizations in Abkhazia did not exceed $ 15 million per year.
According to Pieter Jan Langenberg, Netherlands, as a member of the European Union, should follow a policy of non-recognition, but at the same time would like to cooperate, the VZGLIAD reported.
"Netherlands are also assisting through the funding projects of various international organizations. For example, we are working with the UNHCR to finance various projects. We are also planning to finance the UN Development Programme, in particular the COBERM", he said.