- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
U.S. Department of State: Georgia has competitive election campaign2012-09-14 12:17
Georgia has competitive election campaign, said the Deputy Secretary of State Thomas Melia, the Trend reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Despite some weaknesses in recent months, it is clear that a competitive campaign is being conducted", Melia said, evaluating pre-election situation in the country.
"Respect for the peaceful protest and freedom of assembly is a sign of democracy. All political parties, I met, say they can move around the country, hold election meetings, and deliver information to the voters. At the same time, all parties must renounce violence and initially avoid provocations", he added.
Earlier, the leader of the opposition coalition "Georgian Dream" Ivanishvili said that the parliamentary election in Georgia could not be accepted as legitimate because of the large number of previous violations, the Echo of the Caucasus reported.
"We demand to remove all obstacles to the distribution of satellite dishes to the population by private companies", said the speaker of "Georgian Dream" Maya Panjikidze.
"We demand to include the members of our coalition into the Interdepartmental Commission under the National Security Council to ensure fair elections in Georgia and to have opportunity to transparently examine all facts of the persecution of citizens on political grounds", Panjikidze added.