- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
One of the militants has tricked Georgian police2012-09-17 11:49
A close Doku Umarov's associate Ahmed Chatayev, aka One-armed Ahmed, has tricked the police, the NEWSRu reported referring to the Georgian Interior Ministry. He was detained during a special operation by the Georgian authorities in the Lopota Gorge.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As it turned out, Ahmed Chatayev, wanted by Russia for recruiting militants and collecting the money for the North Caucasus militant underground, has legally resided in Tbilisi.
Having discovered in late August this year an armed group of the so-called "bearded" militants, who had allegedly crossed the border from Dagestan, the Georgian authorities asked Chatayev to persuade militants to surrender. Chatayev promised to help them, but he in the end he took the side of the militants.
As a result, on September 9, having been wounded in the shootout, Ahmed Chatayev was captured by Georgian police.
Recall, on September 3, Georgian media have questioned the official information that 11 militants, killed during a special operation in the gorge of Lopota near the Georgian-Russian border, were Russian citizens. In particular, 6 out of 11 of those killed were natives of the Pankisi Gorge.
According to the Kakheti Information Center, they were Aslan Margoshvili, Baguadi Aldamov and Bagaudi Bagakashvili.
The Georgian Interior Ministry has categorically denied information that allegedly the killed militants were residents of Georgia's Pankisi Gorge.