- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia considers Russian exercises "Kavkaz-2012" threaten the country2012-09-17 12:34
Georgia is concerned about the upcoming Russia;s military exercises "Kavkaz-2012" ("Caucasus-2012"). This was stated by the Georgian Foreign Minister Grigol Vashadze at a news conference in Tbilisi on Monday, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Unfortunately, the exercises "Kavkaz-2012" threaten not only Georgia, but the region as a whole in terms of stability and security. We all need to remember the results of the Russian military exercises in the Caucasus in 2008, which were much smaller in its scale", Vashadze said.
Vashadze made this statement at a joint press conference with the foreign ministers of five European countries: Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania and the Czech Republic. The foreign ministers of European countries arrived in Tbilisi on Monday for a visit to meet with Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili and other senior leaders of this country.
Recall, large-scale strategic command and staff exercises "Caucasus-2012" to be held on September 17-23, will bypass the Chechen territory. Military claim the geographical restrictions were imposed for the sake of peace in Georgia.
As specified in the headquarters of the Southern Military District, training center "Alpiyskiy" under Borzoy, "Gvardeyskiy" in Shali and "Kalinovskiy" under the village of Kalinovskaya were excluded from the list of strategic training ranges.
Earlier, the Russian General Staff refused intentions involve the 4th military base (South Ossetia), the 7th military base (Abkhazia) and the 102nd military base (Armenia) into the exercises.